• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology ATP?

Reaction score
are there some chapters that will definatly not come?? please tell them because im doing last minute prepration today... need help!!!

Reaction score
same here, can't do the whole biology matter book in one day.
Should I study from Mary Jones instead ? I don't want to leave anything out.

Reaction score
are there some chapters that will definatly not come?? please tell them because im doing last minute prepration today... need help!!!
I can tell you what definitely shouldn't miss out on: Transport in mammals, and plants; nutrition; nutrition in mammals, and plants; and inheritance.
Other chapters are also very important but you do not want to miss out on the basics.
Best of luck!

Reaction score
Practice past papers, it'll help polish up what you already know and have faith in God!

Reaction score
its just weird, the biology atp paper doesn't follow a fixed pattern like Chemistry or Physics.They may end up asking to label the chest or the skin which fears me.

Reaction score
exactly guys! cant do bio in one night. i also think about reading the Mary jones book. its really.consise but has everything. also doing papers are imp. good luck!!

Reaction score
HEyy guys i had some really good help from my teacher today.
first of all the chapters that are most likely to come are nutrition and transport in plants, nutrition in animals, nutrition, ecology/ecosystem, germination, genetics, micro-organisms, coordination and response (with locomotion and all).
other than that what i reccomend is that u go through all the INVERSTIGATIONS in the book and answer the observation questions. if u can't take help from someone... i did. those investigations cover prety much all of it. also go through the investifgations from the mary jones book. it has them in a bit better detail. and leaves little to be asked.
magnification is important. take care of when to include the multiplication factor and REMEMBER THER FORMULA.
Labelling is important especially for bones (humerus, scapula, radius and ulna), mucles (biceps and triceps), reflex action, germination (seed labelling of embryo, mesocarp, pericarp, epicarp, cotyledon, radicle, plumule, testa), skin, look at the other diagrams if u find somethin important.

exam tips are that
- first of all do all questions except graphs. leave graph for the end bcuz it takes time.
- determine from which topic the question has come.
-in graph questions determine which value should come on x axis and which one on y axis. (the linearly changing or known value comes on x axis mostly time and and unknown or chenging not on regular intervals comes on y axis). label axis (time; distance; etc) and also give units on the axes (/hours; /metres; etc.) draw best fit curve/straight line (as appropriate).
-what can be done to make the experiment more reliable:-
* repeat experiment to take average for accurate results
* take measurement at equal time intervals
* take the same amount of sample for each experiment
* keep other environmental factors constant
- designing experiment -- > these experiments mostly come from book so its better to get an understanding of the working of the experiments in the book.
- when boiling water mostly it is for removing O2. for example in the experimnet to test for the presense of stomata the water is first heated so as to remove the dissolved O2 from water. thus the bubbles when seen are only from the gaseous excchange through stomata.
-KOH --> dissolves CO2
NaHCO3 -- > provides CO2
- hydrogen bicarbonate indicator turns red in neutral; yellow in acidic and purple in alkaline solutions. so when CO2 is present in water the indicator turns yellow (carbonis acid)
- leaf is put in ethanol to remove chlorophyll (this makes the ethanol green and the leaf white)
- after heating with ethanol (in a water bath) a leaf is put in distilled water before testing to remove ethanol traces from it.

Reaction score
HEyy guys i had some really good help from my teacher today.
first of all the chapters that are most likely to come are nutrition and transport in plants, nutrition in animals, nutrition, ecology/ecosystem, germination, genetics, micro-organisms, coordination and response (with locomotion and all).
other than that what i reccomend is that u go through all the INVERSTIGATIONS in the book and answer the observation questions. if u can't take help from someone... i did. those investigations cover prety much all of it. also go through the investifgations from the mary jones book. it has them in a bit better detail. and leaves little to be asked.
magnification is important. take care of when to include the multiplication factor and REMEMBER THER FORMULA.
Labelling is important especially for bones (humerus, scapula, radius and ulna), mucles (biceps and triceps), reflex action, germination (seed labelling of embryo, mesocarp, pericarp, epicarp, cotyledon, radicle, plumule, testa), skin, look at the other diagrams if u find somethin important.

exam tips are that
- first of all do all questions except graphs. leave graph for the end bcuz it takes time.
- determine from which topic the question has come.
-in graph questions determine which value should come on x axis and which one on y axis. (the linearly changing or known value comes on x axis mostly time and and unknown or chenging not on regular intervals comes on y axis). label axis (time; distance; etc) and also give units on the axes (/hours; /metres; etc.) draw best fit curve/straight line (as appropriate).
-what can be done to make the experiment more reliable:-
* repeat experiment to take average for accurate results
* take measurement at equal time intervals
* take the same amount of sample for each experiment
* keep other environmental factors constant
- designing experiment -- > these experiments mostly come from book so its better to get an understanding of the working of the experiments in the book.
- when boiling water mostly it is for removing O2. for example in the experimnet to test for the presense of stomata the water is first heated so as to remove the dissolved O2 from water. thus the bubbles when seen are only from the gaseous excchange through stomata.
-KOH --> dissolves CO2
NaHCO3 -- > provides CO2
- hydrogen bicarbonate indicator turns red in neutral; yellow in acidic and purple in alkaline solutions. so when CO2 is present in water the indicator turns yellow (carbonis acid)
- leaf is put in ethanol to remove chlorophyll (this makes the ethanol green and the leaf white)
- after heating with ethanol (in a water bath) a leaf is put in distilled water before testing to remove ethanol traces from it.

Le me...grateful!

Reaction score
O level Biology Revision Guide=WIN
has everything including experiments with results, just what I wanted.