• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS MECHANICS p42 is (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), discuss after 24H

Reaction score
I solved all mechanics pastpapers and i usually get between 40-50 it created a strong self confidence. Today the exam was completely screwed i probably lost abt 19 marks

Reaction score
I solved all mechanics pastpapers and i usually get between 40-50 it created a strong self confidence. Today the exam was completely screwed i probably lost abt 19 marks
IKr, same here! :(

Reaction score
a=8.88 m/s^2 T=1.75 N I'm sure about this, matched with a lot people
Yea thats right!..I got it wrong though..didnt take both the resistances into account so i got acceleration as 9.2 and hence got the tension wrong..i hope the examiner gives me ECF

Reaction score
I wrote one too! DAMN!!! SHOOT! SHIT MAN! simple concept! :( i messed up question 6 part b and from what ppl are saying in this thread i probably messed up question 5 part b too! :( also, someone told me you lose marks if you dont write all the signs for integration and derivation. + aggr graph paper pe graphs na bnaao to number kat-te hain! Maine normal answer sheet pe bnaa diye! :(
hey nah it said sketchhhh!!!! and sketch means no graph paper needed! that's as far as i know atleast:/

Reaction score
it was really hard, ill probably lose around 10-12 marks. i usually get 48-49 out of 50 in other papers. this paper will probably have the lowest percentile, probably around 32 for an A. so dont worry :)
Totally Agree with u!

Reaction score
Hey guys here u go its June 2012 P42 maths
and my answers do tell me if i am wrong in any question :D

Attachments

• June 2012 P42.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 444
Reaction score
o_O :eek: You remembered the values of all the questions.. Well all your answers match mine except for Q.6 part (i) where i didn't include change in PE :(

Reaction score
ahem ahem can anybody tell me was my curve for the last part of last question correct cox i am sooo doubtful in that :(

Reaction score
it is somewhat like this. after the block hits the wall and starts to go back. the speed is greater so rate of decrease in displacement is more. then speed slows down so rate of decrease in displacement also slows down.

Attachments

• graph.png
    graph.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 22
Reaction score
it is somewhat like this. after the block hits the wall and starts to go back. the speed is greater so rate of decrease in displacement is more. then speed slows down so rate of decrease in displacement also slows down.
Ahhhhhh em screwed how much would i lost for that mistake :(