• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Any BIOLOGY P6 Doubts ,Questions Post Here?

Reaction score
What are the main things that you have to know? Like food tests, magnification...? What else?
Thaaanks

Reaction score
Well, For paper 6 just read all the expirements u have taken in the syllabus and 100% he will ask from them addition to that u must know how to draw perfectly if u are not a good drawer it will be better to divide the picture given into squares and then draw bigger squares in the area provided and copy it and it will be enlarged but this will take time, next is the magnification which is = DRAWING/ACTUAL u just take any length from the drawing you made and divide it by the crossponding length of the drawing given and in the graphs you should know how to know the difference between the bar chart, histogram and line graph.
FOR NOW memorize the expirements quickly and solve past papers as much as you can and dont forget to time your self and if u exceeded the time try to finish before the time by 20-25 minutes to have time to revise in the IGCSE EXAM,... WELL I HOPE THIS GIVES YOU AND IDEA ABOUT WHAT TO DO ? :(:(

Reaction score
Well, For paper 6 just read all the expirements u have taken in the syllabus and 100% he will ask from them addition to that u must know how to draw perfectly if u are not a good drawer it will be better to divide the picture given into squares and then draw bigger squares in the area provided and copy it and it will be enlarged but this will take time, next is the magnification which is = DRAWING/ACTUAL u just take any length from the drawing you made and divide it by the crossponding length of the drawing given and in the graphs you should know how to know the difference between the bar chart, histogram and line graph.
FOR NOW memorize the expirements quickly and solve past papers as much as you can and dont forget to time your self and if u exceeded the time try to finish before the time by 20-25 minutes to have time to revise in the IGCSE EXAM,... WELL I HOPE THIS GIVES YOU AND IDEA ABOUT WHAT TO DO ? :(:(

Thanks :) I may ask another question later when I finish if that's okay with you. But thanks again, it helped :D Oh and does the revision page for bio on this site help? Or should I just solve past papers?

Reaction score
Thanks :) I may ask another question later when I finish if that's okay with you. But thanks again, it helped :D Oh and does the revision page for bio on this site help? Or should I just solve past papers?
No problem any time but before 11 o' clock well i dont know about your region iam in ksa so its after 3 hrs and im sorry i have no idea about the revision page here but if you have your bio notes just read all the expirements and then solve past papers,,,,,,,,,,, if you are in the same country region as me and i didnt answer later i will in the morning as soon as i can

Reaction score
I'm mainly confused about the diagrams :(..........what type of diagrams I should learn how to draw them ??

Reaction score
What all labels for the diagrams should I learn?? In the recent papers, I have seen questions where you have to draw diagrams which I have no idea how to label. For example, you had to draw a feather in the M/J 11 paper, so what all strange diagrams should I prepare myself for??
Well try to memorize every single daiagrams about plants and cells in the bio syllabus , for the feather u could say hairs, the stalk in the middle and i think thats it and the rest marks are for the good drawing. Other Labels could be like Micropyle, Radical, Plumule, Stalk, Midrib, Network viens, Parallel Viens, Cell wall Cell membrane ...etc.
Things like that but after memorizing try to solve as much as past papers as you can and dont forget to time your self try to finish before the time by 20-25 minutes to have time to revise in the IG exam

Reaction score
I'm mainly confused about the diagrams :(..........what type of diagrams I should learn how to draw them ??

Well try to memorize every single daiagrams about plants and cells in the bio syllabus , for the feather u could say hairs, the stalk in the middle and i think thats it and the rest marks are for the good drawing. Other Labels could be like Micropyle, Radical, Plumule, Stalk, Midrib, Network viens, Parallel Viens, Cell wall Cell membrane ...etc.
Things like that but after memorizing try to solve as much as past papers as you can and dont forget to time your self try to finish before the time by 20-25 minutes to have time to revise in the IG exam

Reaction score
Reaction score
relating to graphs i read in an bio book that u have to draw lines with a ruler, unless they ask u to draw a free hand drawing. Just making sure, is it correct? And also in the may june 2002 paper question 2 asks for a histogram to be drawn. How do u do that?

Reaction score
Heres a few tips for the paper guys.
For ALL diagrams asked in the paper , even if you don't know what to label you can still earn 3/5 marks for drawing.
Make sure you DON'T:
-Shade (No shading/coloring with your pencil)
-No broken lines (Each line should meet the next line)
-Clean thin lines (Try to use a lead pencil , instead of those"Art" pencils with thick leads)
-Make sure your drawing is BIGGER then the picture
-Only draw what you see, nothing extra , nothing less.

For graphs:
-Don't try to draw a smooth curve, they accept if you join the points with a ruler. (Unless of course it asks you to draw a curve :s)
-If you have to plot points use small "x"s instead of dots. If your going to use dots you have to circle them.

That's about it.. everything else in the paper is based off your own knowledge.
Im not making these things up if anyone was wondering, my teacher (Amaazinngg teacher) told us these tips x)

Reaction score
Reaction score
Theres no working, you just count the squares that the leaf occupies. For the ones that it partially occupies , add those together to make one square. Theres a range for that answer so don't worry.
But the marking scheme says 12.5 cm2.. hw do u get that??

Reaction score
But the marking scheme says 12.5 cm2.. hw do u get that??

Ah I didn't read the question, I thought it was the leaf one.
First of all, thats a feather :S
And the question says measure the area of one of the squares. To do that, use your ruler to measure one of the square's sides and square it. For exmaple if one of the square's sides is 2, the area of the square is 2^2 = 4cm2.

Once you have the area of one square , just count amount of squares the feather occupies and add them. If its 10 squares then your answer is 40cm2 since each square is 2cm2.